Saturday, October 29, 2011

Coopers Fourth Week.

This week little man's reflux pain seems to have got progressively worse, waking him often...you can hear him reswallowing and then he wakes up crying.  Often we have to change bedding that has been puked on.  Most of the time he struggles while feeding now. It is always so lovely when we come across a feed that he doesn't appear to be wrestling with the breast and crying. 

I think lots of things are at play with feeding, I think he is refluxing, my milk flow is often too fast (I have started to take him off when I feel a let down and let it spray away on a cloth, then I put him back on once it settles down and he can cope a bit better).  He also gets wind and has colic issues to top everything off.  Merbentyl does help with his colic (bubbles in the bowel). Don't you just wish sometimes they could talk and tell you what the problem was?!    
I smell of puke and milk 24/7 thanks to his constant up chucking... but that's the least of our problems:) 

I have started to use the sling in the afternoons to keep him upright for a sleep and give me some hands free time.

Despite all of this I am still hopeful that come 6wks he will still be feeding and his reflux won't be as bad given he is on Losec... crazy woman!

I am finding that I am coping with this much better so far, I know it is likely to get worse, but seeing as I've done this twice I'm not worrying as much I guess.  I know he is in good hands with Doctor Liang and I'm just trying to soak up every lovely thing about Cooper seeing as he is the last little bubba I will have in my life, and I'm not wishing the time to go by any faster.  It might be a different story in a few months time, but for right now I'm really trying to enjoy our Mini Cooper;)

No comments:

Post a Comment